- File Upgrader– Upgrade files to the current version of Revit
- Attach It – Attach any file (PDF, Word, XLS…) to your Revit file
- File Version Check – Cancellable dialog when attempting to upgrade files from a previous version & reporting tools for existing Revit files
- Select Intersecting– Select all elements that physically intersect a selected element
- Level Displacer– Create a displacement set for each level in your project
- View Parameter for Detail Items – Create a “live” View parameter for every detail item
- Topo From Lines – Create a toposurface from a set of model lines
- Section Box Fit – Create a rotated section box to fit a selected wall
- In-N-Out Family Parameters – Edit family parameters in Excel and import them back to Revit to modify the families
- Family Security Guard – Require a password before allowing users to edit families
- Image-O-Matic – Animate your Revit model – works with phases and family instances
- Keyboard Shortcut Tutor – Become a Revit speed demon by learning the keyboard shortcuts
- Move To Analytical – Move the physical model of beams or floors to the location of their analytical model
Attach any file (PDF, Word, XLS…) to your Revit file
This tool allows you to specify a source folder containing Autodesk® Revit® files and have every file in that folder upgraded to the current version of Revit. All files are saved in a user-specified destination folder. Download this program at the Autodesk App Store.
Create a “View” text parameter for Detail Items. Then use this app to set the value for every Detail Item. The app will keep these values automatically updated as view and detail items are created and changed.
Create an instance parameter named “View” for the Detail Items category. Then this tool will automatically set and update that parameter when Detail Items and their Views are created and modified. This can be particularly useful in a Revit 2014 Detail Item Schedule if you want to schedule the view in which each detail item is located.
Create Displacement Sets – one for each level – and translate each displacement set by a user-specified increment
In a complicated and crowded model, it can be hard to select the elements you want. This tool helps you select all elements that physically intersect with a specified element.
Select an element and use this tool to select all other elements that intersect with it.
Create model lines in Revit to define the contour lines for a toposurface. Run this command, select the lines, and your surface is created.
Adjust the view’s section box to fit a selected wall.
Rotates the section box so that its sides are aligned with the wall faces.
The user will be prompted for a password in two situations:
You can control if you want this check enabled for all Revit family files or not as follows:
After the password is successfully entered, the user will not be prompted again for the password during that Revit session. If you purchase a license, a custom password can be set in the pwd.txt file in the BoostYourBIM-FamilySecurity.bundle\Contents folder.
NOTE: This app only protects families when this app is installed. There is no protection when someone without this app attempts to modify families.
Boost Your BIM’s keyboard shortcut tutor gives you a friendly reminder in a small modeless dialog box when you use the mouse to click on a command that has a keyboard shortcut. A button in the dialog lists all shortcuts.
Free version provides reminders for shortcuts that contain the letter “W”. If you find it helpful and want reminders for all shortcuts, please purchase a license.
Move beams and floors to the location of their analytical model.
Do you want to animate your Revit model? Instead of a tedious process of manually changing parameters and exporting images, you can use Image-O-Matic to automatically create dozens, hundreds, or thousands of images to show phases or a range of parameter values. Use these images to easily review your design, create slideshows, consider alternatives, or merge them into a video file.
Each image using a different Parameter values for the selected family instance
Each image uses a different Phase setting for the active View
Suggest a Product!
Do you have a product idea you’d like to suggest? Your suggestions are welcome!
This is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or an entity), the end user, and Boost Your BIM regarding use of this software. By installing, copying, or otherwise using the Software, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, do not install or use this Software. This license agreement applies to any and all software and code downloaded from https://boostyourbim.wordpress.com. The Software or any other materials provided in this package may not be modified in any way. You may not upload the software to a freeware or shareware site without first receiving written permission from Boost Your BIM. Also no parts of The Software or other files provided in this package may be reproduced in part or in whole. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble this software product.
Boost Your BIM expressly disclaims any warranty for this software. The Software is provided “AS IS”. You agree that by accepting this license, you are expressly acknowledging that the use of this software is at your own risk. Any harm or damage to your system by running this software will also be for your own risk.