About Boost Your BIM
Harry Mattison, the founder of Boost Your BIM, began his Revit journey began in 1998, several months before the release of Revit 1.0. Back then the company was known as Charles River Software and for several years Harry was as the Quality Assurance Manager for Revit Architecture and Revit Structure. In 2008 Harry began a software development position in the API group where he spent 4 years implementing, designing, and testing new API functionality (such as the Family Editor API, Conceptual Massing API, Analysis Visualization Framework, Dynamic Model Update, View API, and much more), teaching other Autodesk employees about the API, working with the writers for the API documentation, writing API samples, and more.
Harry has taught several courses on the Revit API including:
- Revit Technology Conference 2014 – North America (voted a Top Ten Speaker) & Europe
- BIMForum Boston 2014 – Optimizing Building Layouts with BIM
- Revit Technology Conference 2013 – North America (voted a Top Ten Speaker) & Europe
- Autodesk University 2011 – Autodesk® Revit® Construction Modeling and API for Builders
- Autodesk University 2010 – Presenting Your Analysis Data in Autodesk® Revit® Architecture 2011
- Autodesk University 2009 – Creating and Analyzing New Conceptual Massing Geometry With the Autodesk® Revit® API
- Boston Revit Users Group, April 2013 – Custom Revit Tools\Commands with Revit API
- Boston Revit Users Group, January 2010 – Autodesk Revit API How-To and Examples
- Autodesk DevCamp 2012 – Autodesk Revit Schedule and View API
- MIT 4.S52 Computational Design Lab: Reinventing BIM 2012 – Revit API workshop
Not every Revit user will code their own Revit API applications, but hopefully Boost Your BIM will open your eyes to the potential of the Revit API and how it can make Revit better.